Asthma is a chronic respiratory disease that causes the airways in your lungs to close down when exposed to certain triggers. Although these triggers vary from person to person, the inflammation they cause leads to the same set of symptoms:
- Tightness in the chest
- Shortness of breath
Goodrich Pharmacy provides the tools, care, and instruction to help you control these symptoms and prevent future attacks. With proper medication, you can keep your asthma under control.
Proper Inhaler Technique
When used properly, inhalers can deliver just as much medication as a nebulizer. We can help you maximize your inhaler’s effectivness by reviewing your inhaler technique and coaching you through any changes that are necessary. In addition, we can provide spacers to help deliver the medication more effectively.
Peak Flow Monitoring
Peak flow monitoring allows us to detect changes in your lungs before you feel any changes in your breathing. This monitoring can also help us to prevent serious asthma attacks by alerting your doctor and pharmacist to these changes, making it possible for them to change your medication before you experience any serious problems.
We work with you and with your doctor to ensure that your asthma medications are the best fit for you and that they are working at their peak efficiency to control your asthma symptoms. This team approach allows your doctor and your pharmacist to provide you with the best treatment possible.
- Initial Consultation: $90
- First Follow-up: $40
- Additional Follow-ups: $25
Things You Can Do to Control Your Asthma
- Know and avoid your asthma triggers.
- If exercise causes an attack, use your albuterol inhaler fifteen to thirty minutes before starting your activity to prevent or lessen any attack.
- If seasonal allergies worsen your asthma, talk to your doctor about allergy medications.
- Wear a mask when working outdoors or in dusty areas.
- Avoid carpeting in the house as much as possible; it collects dust and irritants.